CAMEO, The Cooperative Alliance of Medina Entertainment Organizations, was founded in 2003 as The Medina Collaborative. CAMEO is the artist-in-residence of the state-of-the-art facility known as the Medina Performing Arts Center. CAMEO also serves as the theatrical division of The Medina County Arts Foundation.
Summer 2014 – RENT Live in Medina
For its 11th season, CAMEO brings the sensational and riveting RENT to the Medina Performing Arts Center. This year’s musical production will be directed by Medina resident, Maggie Steffen. Musical direction will be by returning Medina High School alum, Tom Bonezzi. Choreography is by Medina High School alum Oksana Klue.
RENT – many have heard the songs and now Northeast Ohio will experience the story. Set in the 1990’s in New York City, it depicts the lives and struggles of a group of young people dealing with the AIDS epidemic and trying to make their “rent.”
Ms. Steffen states, “We had a large number of extremely talented individuals from all over Northeast Ohio. Making the final cast selection was not easy, but I am thrilled with the caliber of show that we will bring to the stage.”
“Forget Regret…Free RENT” Raffle
CAMEO is a non-profit theater group, and depends on ticket sales and fundraisers to raise the revenue needed to produce the shows.
This year, our fundraiser is “Forget Regret…..Free RENT”. The details are as follows:
- The winner will receive $1500 cash and an additional $500 to “Pay It Forward” to a charitable organization or person in need.
- The winner chooses the “Pay It Forward” recipient.
- Only 1000 tickets will be sold, so the odds of winning are high.
- Each ticket is only $20.
- Semi-finalist drawings will be held at each performance (July 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26), and you do not need to be present to win.
- Semi-finalists will win a $100 restaurant gift card.
- CAMEO is part of the Medina County Arts Foundation, a 501c3 organization. All donations are tax deductible.